Christmas and rice are 5 and 6. While growing up, Can you remember any Christmas that did not involve a form of rice? Fried rice, Jollof rice, Coconut rice, rice and stew and more rice in any other way you can imagine! Rice is the number one go to option when you have any reason to celebrate anything and for good reasons too! You can do almost anything with rice and almost everyone eats it without adverse effects.
Sometimes, however, rice gets boring and loses that ‘finger licking yumminess’. This Christmas, experiment with something new. Try out this Coconut Bulgur Wheat recipe and Chicken Salad recipe and have your family and guests licking their plates thereafter!
Coconut Bulgur Wheat Recipe
- Bulgur Wheat
- Coconut milk
- GPSO oil
- Sesame oil
- Green bell pepper
- Scotch bonnet
- Red bell pepper
- White pepper
- Green peas
- Green beans
- Bay leaf
- Soy sauce
- Wash your bulgur wheat and set aside
- Add coconut milk to the pot and place on the heater
- Add onions, salt and seasonings
- Stir, cover and allow to boil
- Add Bay leaf and Bulgur Wheat
- Cover and allow to cook
- Set aside when cooked
Cooking Process 2
- Add GPSO oil to pan
- Add onions, ginger, garlic, carrot and green beans
- Add bell pepper, scotch bonnet
- Leave to simmer for few minutes cover
- Add seasonings, sesame oil, soy sauce, white pepper and the Bulgur Wheat
- Stir fry for some minutes and turn off heat
There you go! Your yummy bowl of Coconut Bulgur Wheat is ready!
Serve with spicy chicken drumstick.
Chicken Salad Recipe
- Chicken breast
- GPSO Oil
- Sweet corn
- Salad dressing
- Season chicken breast on both sides and rub all around with GPSO oil
- Grill on each side for 3-4 minutes till properly cooked
- Mix lettuce, sweetcorn, tomatoes and cucumber in a bowl
- Add salad dressing and mix together again
- Serve the salad on a flat melamine plate and place the sliced chicken over the salad with avocado on the side
Voila! Your healthy chicken salad is ready.
It can be eaten alone or served with Coconut Bulgur Wheat.