Soya Beans Milk popularly called Soy Milk is a very healthy and refreshing drink. Being a plant protein, it is a great alternative to cow milk for those who are lactose intolerant. Moreover, this drink can be taken at any time of the day, and with any type of food or snack. Here, we afford you a step-by-step procedure to preparing your delicious soymilk.
- 2 cups of Soya Beans soaked the night before (when soaked, the soya beans swells from 2 cups to about 4 cups).
- Dates or Honey (If you are using dates, add it to the soya beans and soak them together, overnight. Dates are also known as Dabino, popularly sold by Mallams who also sell tigernuts, popularly known as Aya.
- Flavour (optional)
- Wash the soaked beans to peel off the skin or husk.
- Wash and remove the seed in the dates.
- Pour the soya beans and the dates in a blender and add water to blend to a paste.
- Pour the paste into a pot and turn on the heat to a medium, stir it to avoid it burning or sticking together
- When it starts to boil, turn down the heat to low and leave it to simmer for 30 minutes
- Add your vanilla flavor, or any other flavour of choice, and leave to cool.
- Pour our content through a muslin sieve and drain to remove the tiniest particles.
- Pour into a bottle and refrigerate.
Your soymilk is ready, but make sure you consume within 2-3 days.